Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)

Category-Based Online Book Club ~ To Learn and Share our Literary Treasures

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Middlesex by Jeffery Engenides

Go down 
AuthorMessage
monacomu

Middlesex by Jeffery Engenides Empty
PostSubject: Middlesex by Jeffery Engenides   Middlesex by Jeffery Engenides EmptyTue 02 Jun 2009, 9:42 am

I am reading Middlesex this moth I was told it is an awesome read !
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Middlesex by Jeffery Engenides   Middlesex by Jeffery Engenides EmptyWed 03 Jun 2009, 6:54 am

I loved it Jen, but it's kind of obtuse for many ... I'm really curious to see what you think. I enjoy your opinions on books!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wrrc.forumotion.com
monacomunchco

monacomunchco

PostSubject: Middlesex   Middlesex by Jeffery Engenides EmptyMon 06 Jul 2009, 10:29 pm

Middlesex ~
Callie, a Greek -American , born a girl, and at the age of 14 finds out she is a hermaphrodite . That's the best way to describe this book, but it is so much more .
Its wildly original and beautifully written with vivid and unique characters .I loved this book and think that anyone who loves the art of storytelling should pick up Middlesex ! Its one of those books that you want to finish, but don't want the story to end .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dorothy

Dorothy

PostSubject: Middlesex by Jeffery Engenides   Middlesex by Jeffery Engenides EmptyTue 07 Jul 2009, 11:34 am

I was looking forward to your review of this book. A lot of people really liked it. I wanted to like it but I tried reading it twice and could not get into it, not sure why.
Dorothy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Middlesex by Jeffery Engenides   Middlesex by Jeffery Engenides Empty

Back to top Go down

Middlesex by Jeffery Engenides
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC) :: The Twelve Categories - 2009 :: 10. The Wisdom of "O"-
Jump to: