Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)

Category-Based Online Book Club ~ To Learn and Share our Literary Treasures

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Karen We

Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert   Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert EmptySat 04 Jul 2009, 12:44 pm

I saw this book at my friend's house about a year ago and she said that it was good. Then about a few weeks ago, another friend of mine said that she had just read this book and really liked it so she lent me her copy and I just finished it this morning.

I really enjoyed the book. Gilbert tells the story of how in her early thirties when she should have been quite happy with her lovely life that included a loving husband, fulfilling career and beautiful home, she just wasn't. After a painful divorce, she sets off on a year long trek through Italy, India and Indonesia to pursue pleasure, devotion and balance in her life.

After reading the introduction, I was kind of skeptical about Gilbert's whole idea of trying to find herself, but actually I thought Gilbert was quite amusing and interesting as she described her year of traveling. She meets a lot of interesting people along the way and I felt I was right along side her as she describes restaurants, cafes, forests, temples and islands that she visits.

Gilbert is trying to rid herself of several "demons" and although I realize that not too many people can just leave their life to go traipsing around the world in search of enlightenment, I could relate to things she discusses such as the need to have faith, the idea of personal prayer and how important it is to surround yourself with positive people.

I'm looking forward to reading Gilbert's next book which is supposed to come out sometime this year.
Back to top Go down

Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
Page 1 of 1