Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)

Category-Based Online Book Club ~ To Learn and Share our Literary Treasures

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paul Newman: A Life

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dorothy

Dorothy

Paul Newman: A Life Empty
PostSubject: Paul Newman: A Life   Paul Newman: A Life EmptySun 05 Jul 2009, 11:04 am

This is my choice for my July category "In Their Shoes". It's a new book and I have always liked Paul Newman and being he has recently died, I thought it would cover his whole life. I am not a big bio fan but here goes. Also I wonder if I will still like him as much when I finish the book. Sometimes it's better to just know a star in the context of their movies and not their personal lives.
Be back at review time.
Dorothy
Back to top Go down
Dorothy

Dorothy

Paul Newman: A Life Empty
PostSubject: Paul Newman: A Life   Paul Newman: A Life EmptySun 12 Jul 2009, 4:57 pm

Just finished reading my July pick. It was quite long and tedious at times. The author went in to a lot of detail about all the movies and plays Paul Newman was in. I did like all about his life from childhood till his death at age eighty-three. There was a lot that I didn't know about him-mostly that until much later in life he was not a very nice guy. He was a heavy drinker, actually a funtioning alcoholic. Didn't realize that he made as many movies as he did. If you like him and the movies you will probally enjoy this book. He became more charitable much later in life. As I noted in my original post, it's probally better to know an actor through their acting. I give it 3 1/2 stars.
Dorothy
Back to top Go down

Paul Newman: A Life
Page 1 of 1