Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)

Category-Based Online Book Club ~ To Learn and Share our Literary Treasures

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Shack by Wm. Paul Young

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Karen We

The Shack by Wm. Paul Young Empty
PostSubject: The Shack by Wm. Paul Young   The Shack by Wm. Paul Young EmptyMon 06 Jul 2009, 12:04 pm

My sister told me that her summer book club just read and discussed The Shack and loved it. Then there was an article in our local paper about Young doing a book signing near where I live in Houston and how excited all his fans were to get the chance to meet him and hear him speak about his book. I made sure I didn't read anything specific about the book itself.

I'd like to give this book a try and see what the buzz is all about.

Karen
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Shack by Wm. Paul Young   The Shack by Wm. Paul Young EmptyWed 08 Jul 2009, 10:06 am

This will be great Karen! I'm very much looking forward to your review ... I too hear so much "buzz" but would like an objective opinion on it.
Back to top Go down
https://wrrc.forumotion.com
karen we

PostSubject: Re: The Shack by Wm. Paul Young   The Shack by Wm. Paul Young EmptySun 02 Aug 2009, 10:57 am

If you've ever asked the question , "'why does God allow bad things to happen in our world?" then you might want to read this book.

"The Shack" tells the story of Mack, a man who is trying to live a good life and be the husband and father he knows he needs to be, but is shrouded by "the great sadness" because of what he had to deal with as a boy and what he is dealing with now as an adult. One day Mack receives a mysterious note in his mailbox which leads to the opportunity to confront God and finally get some questions answered about his personal experiences with pain and sorrow.

I really liked the book and it has lead to some interesting conversations with people lately. No one is immune to disappointment, sadness and pain whether it is emotional and/or physical. But what makes some people so much more able to accept or get through these painful parts of their lives better than others? I think this book may just explain this to you.

I actually should have been reading this book with a highlighter, but all I had at the time was a pencil so I did underline some parts so I could go back and reread them not only to myself again, but to others too. Young does get "deep" about things, but I thought that was a good thing. The book really challenged me to think and yet the book's message is quite simple when you think about it with two key elements shining through - forgiveness and relationship.

5 stars

Karen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shack by Wm. Paul Young   The Shack by Wm. Paul Young Empty

Back to top Go down

The Shack by Wm. Paul Young
Page 1 of 1