Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)

Category-Based Online Book Club ~ To Learn and Share our Literary Treasures

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Daniel X, by James Patterson

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Beth Dunn

PostSubject: Daniel X, by James Patterson   Sat 10 Jan 2009, 7:55 am

James Patterson is one of my favorite vacation reads, so I chose one of his YA books for my January, "Not Just for Kids" selection.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Daniel X, by James Patterson   Mon 02 Mar 2009, 11:03 am

Ok - this is my first book review, here I go...

Let me start by saying, I believe anything James Patterson writes is worth reading. Daniel X is a fast read. The content is for juvenile readers...even though I would recommend adults to read this book. The story line is "out of this world" literally. It gives readers something to think about...could this really happen to us...or is this a figment of James Patterson's fertile imagination? Read the book and decide for yourself!

Ever since aliens murdered his parents, he has taken over their job, to protect Earth from the aliens on the List. Daniel X, alien hunter, has the unique power of creation, such as being able to manipulate objects or his ability to transform into animals. Daniel has now set his sights on a powerful alien in California who has plans of destroying earth. He begins his search confident in his skills and not fearful enough of this top ten List ranking alien. Right when Daniel feels he has found someone he can relate to, he is betrayed and captured by underhanded means and left trapped and wounded in an alien spaceship cell. Will he survive? And most important, will Earth survive?

The fantasy and the twists not to mention the “Gross – Out” factor is all there. This is good for the younger set that are into "science fiction" sort of stories, but not for the more mature reader. That being said, it was well written and had the same flow that keeps me coming back to Patterson's books. It hooks you in and each chapter has just enough mystic to keep you turning the page for more. I believe it could well entice the younger set into looking into his books as they mature in their reading taste.

If you are a fan of the Maximum Ride series you'll enjoy this book. Not your typical "Alex Cross page-turner" but good no less.

Review by Beth D.

[REVIEW POST MOVED HERE FOR EAST OF NAVIGATION]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wrrc.forumotion.com

Daniel X, by James Patterson
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC) :: The Twelve Categories - 2009 :: 8. Not Just for Kids-
Jump to: