Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)

Category-Based Online Book Club ~ To Learn and Share our Literary Treasures

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sondrage1102

PostSubject: The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb   Sat 10 Jan 2009, 11:35 am

I started reading The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb about a week ago. I thought that it would be a bit daunting because it was such a big one (700 pager). It is an amazingly fast read ~ when I get to sit down with it. The author has a "jumpy" style ~ meaning that he packs a lot into a few pages. I am already engaging with the characters and am enjoying getting to know them.

I was not terribly impressed with The Hour I First Believed. I found parts to be witty and quick-moving, but around the middle I stopped caring about the characters. I enjoyed his writing style for the most part, but I am told that his other books lasted a bit too long as well.

I would recommend this book for about the first 350 pages...and then I just didn't care anymore. Sorry Wally.

Last edited by Sondrage1102 on Sun 08 Feb 2009, 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update after finishing the book)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.oliveandwell.com

The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb
Page 1 of 1