Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)

Category-Based Online Book Club ~ To Learn and Share our Literary Treasures

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin (c. 2007)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin (c. 2007)   Fri 30 Oct 2009, 7:36 pm

Well, this is my first one for "without a net." I asked a friend to pick something fiction (because I think I'm going to read Shadow Divers next, kind of pilfer Lori and Karen's "without a net") that he highly recommended (I also was bossy and said I just wanted something really entertaining not necessarily prize-winning fictino) and he came up with this one right away. The title, as one would imagine, is a bit off-putting, but in the first few pages I got sucked right in. It is a mystery that takes place in 12th Century England, during the reign of Henry II. I just left Wolf Hall and Henry VIII, so I'm going back in time!

Anyway, I'll report later after I finish. Compared to my last few reads, this one looks like a quick one. Nice and spooky for Halloween too.

Carolyn
Admin
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wrrc.forumotion.com

Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin (c. 2007)
Page 1 of 1