Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)

Category-Based Online Book Club ~ To Learn and Share our Literary Treasures

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Associate, by John Grisham

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Beth Dunn

Beth Dunn

The Associate, by John Grisham Empty
PostSubject: The Associate, by John Grisham   The Associate, by John Grisham EmptySun 22 Mar 2009, 4:45 pm

This weekend was a reading weekend - little rain and cooler temps, and the NCAA games are on TV. I have been waiting to read John Grisham's latest noval and finally picked it up. This is the story line and my review...

Kyle McAvoy grew up in his father’s small town law office in York Pennsylvania. He excelled in college, was elected editor-in-chief of the Yale Law Journal, and his future has limitless potential.

Kyle is an up and coming law student, about to graduate, when his past comes back to haunt him. He is blackmailed into taking a job with a law firm in New York where he is supposed to steal documents concerning a upcoming lawsuit.

I have liked every Grisham book I have read. Yes, some are better than others, but I always enjoy the familiarity of his easy, but interesting law-based books. This one kept with the tradition. The characters were authentic and I believed the story line. This was a very quick read for me – when I had to put it down, I was always eager to get back to it and when I did, it consistently took hold of me.

5 out of 5 stars
Back to top Go down

The Associate, by John Grisham
Page 1 of 1