Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)

Category-Based Online Book Club ~ To Learn and Share our Literary Treasures

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introduction

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ReloDir

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Introduction   Introduction EmptySat 03 Jan 2009, 7:56 pm

Happy New Year fellow WRRC members!
I'm excited to be a part of this group. Many thanks to our Administrator for organizing this for all of us!
Just one Q about my first book - I'm guessing Curious George won't work for the animal book?! Laughing
Will The Dog Whisperer work? Not sure if the trainer or the dog is the main character of the book?!
Thanks,
Dede, from NC
Back to top Go down
http://www.dedecarney.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyMon 05 Jan 2009, 4:28 pm

Well, that sure is an interesting question. Curious George? Ah, why not, go for it!

Yes, the Dog Whisperer would be awesome ... it is predominantly "about" animal/animals.

Really DeDe ... whatever makes you happy, the main goal is enjoyment Smile

Enjoy the club,

Carolyn
Admin
Back to top Go down
https://wrrc.forumotion.com
TracySchrayer

TracySchrayer

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Introducing Tracy Schrayer   Introduction EmptyMon 12 Jan 2009, 11:47 pm

I'm very excited to be part of this "Virtual" Book Club! Thanks to our Admin for setting it up!

A little bit about me. I've loved books from the day I was born! I still remember my first Library card when I was little (it's still in my special items suitcase) and my first trip to the library...I was so overwhelmed at all of the books! I tried very hard to read as many of them as I could...until one day my mother forced me to go outside and play! As I grew older and took on "grown-up" responsibilities, I found it harder and harder to read as much as I wanted to. However, I continued to buy any/and every book that caught my eye or was a bargain at a book store/show. They line my book shelves to this day, waiting to be read. You see, since the invention of the internet, I've developed this syndrome, where my mind is finding it harder and harder to focus on one thing at a time. I've become so accustomed to instant information, and constantly changing from one internet page to the next, that I've lost the ability to focus on one book for any length of time. (I kid you not, this is something that has been studied and documented!). So, I'm hoping this "Well Rounded Online Book Club" helps to cure me of my disorder and I regain my ability to read a book from cover to cover once again!

Happy reading to all!!

Tracy
Back to top Go down
Dorothy

Dorothy

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyMon 26 Jan 2009, 12:37 pm

Hi,
Sorry it has taken me so long to introduce myself. I am Carolyn's mother. I love reading and have kept a log of all the books I have read since 2002 ( wish I had done that sooner). I enjoy sharing with my daughters Carolyn and Lori, and a couple of my good friends. I like this format over regular in person book clubs, because you have more of a choice of what to read but still get the opinion of others. It also opens you up to books you never thought you would read.
Dorothy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC) :: General Questions and Information :: Member Introductions-
Jump to: