Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)

Category-Based Online Book Club ~ To Learn and Share our Literary Treasures

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Everything Happens for a Reason Finding the True Meaing of the Events in our Lives by Mira Kirshenbaum

Go down 
AuthorMessage
karen we

Everything Happens for a Reason Finding the True Meaing of the Events in our Lives by Mira Kirshenbaum Empty
PostSubject: Everything Happens for a Reason Finding the True Meaing of the Events in our Lives by Mira Kirshenbaum   Everything Happens for a Reason Finding the True Meaing of the Events in our Lives by Mira Kirshenbaum EmptySun 08 Mar 2009, 2:49 pm

I found this book at the library and its title caught my attention since I tend to say this phrase a lot either to my friends and family or to myself but never really pondered its deeper meaning.

Kirshenbaum offers ten universal reasons for the tragedies in our lives, among them letting go of fear, accepting ourselves, becoming a truly good persn, finding forgiveness, and discovering our mission. She empowers readers to embrace the positive and comprehend the specific message that is larger and more powerful than their grief.

I'll be back with the review.

Karen
Back to top Go down
Dorothy

Dorothy

Everything Happens for a Reason Finding the True Meaing of the Events in our Lives by Mira Kirshenbaum Empty
PostSubject: Everything Happens for a Reason Finding the True Meaning of the Events in Our Lives by Mira Kirshenbaum   Everything Happens for a Reason Finding the True Meaing of the Events in our Lives by Mira Kirshenbaum EmptyMon 09 Mar 2009, 7:53 pm

Karen
Looking forward to your review-I also say that phrase and believe it. I have a hard time finding self-help books that I feel I can get into, so this may be a good one for me.
Happy reading.
Dorothy
Back to top Go down
Karen We

PostSubject: Re: Everything Happens for a Reason Finding the True Meaing of the Events in our Lives by Mira Kirshenbaum   Everything Happens for a Reason Finding the True Meaing of the Events in our Lives by Mira Kirshenbaum EmptyTue 10 Mar 2009, 8:53 am

Hi Mrs. Schroeder,

I too have trouble finding self-help books that are meaningful to what is going on in my life. This past summer a friend of ours lost his life in a boating accident. He was only 53 and left behind his wife, and a 12 year old and 15 year old. Then on Valentine's Day a good friend finally lost his battle against brain cancer that he was fighting for the last 14 years. He left behind his wife and 11 year old daughter and 5 year old son and he was only 47. It was hard to find words to say to my two friends who had become widows way too early in life. Hopefully I can glean some things from the book that I can share with them.

Karen
Back to top Go down
Karen We

PostSubject: Re: Everything Happens for a Reason Finding the True Meaing of the Events in our Lives by Mira Kirshenbaum   Everything Happens for a Reason Finding the True Meaing of the Events in our Lives by Mira Kirshenbaum EmptyMon 23 Mar 2009, 2:16 pm

I thought that "Everything Happens for a Reason" was a pretty interesting read. I'm not a big self-help book reader so I really don't have much to compare this book with, but I felt it was time well spent reading this since I did get something out of it.

The author who is a psychotherapist and researcher and the clinical direstor of the Chestnut Hill Institute in Boston devotes a chapter to each of 10 reasons why confusing or unfortunate events occur in our lives.

What I liked about the book was that the author tried to be specfic in why things happen and she uses examples from her clients' cases (names changed of course) and her own life to illustrate her points. Each chapter or reason also included a series of questions that can help you decide if the particular reason why something happened pertains to you.

I felt the author did a good job helping people gain insight into why they were having to go through such hardships and disappointments without sounding preachy or too methodical.

4 out 5 stars

Karen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything Happens for a Reason Finding the True Meaing of the Events in our Lives by Mira Kirshenbaum   Everything Happens for a Reason Finding the True Meaing of the Events in our Lives by Mira Kirshenbaum Empty

Back to top Go down

Everything Happens for a Reason Finding the True Meaing of the Events in our Lives by Mira Kirshenbaum
Page 1 of 1