Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)

Category-Based Online Book Club ~ To Learn and Share our Literary Treasures

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Karen We

The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith Empty
PostSubject: The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith   The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith EmptyMon 04 May 2009, 4:31 pm

I wanted to mention one more recommendation for the mystery category before I move on to my next category for May.

I thoroughly have enjoyed reading the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series. I am currently reading the 8th book of the series that just came out. In fact I just found out that the book series has been made into a series on HBO. I always tried to picture what the characters looked like and now I can look forward to seeing these great stories come to life on the screen.

The stories are set in Botswana, Africa and tell the story of Precious Ramotswe who is finally realizing her dream of opening up her own detective agency. She is quickly joined by Grace Makutsi who becomes her secretary and eventually a good friend as well. The reader joins Precious in her endeavors to solve cases that the people of Botswana bring her.

Be ready to laugh a lot at the quirkiness of the characters and the predicaments that arise, but also be prepared to learn from Precious and the other characters as well as they shed light on some topics that are affecting the people of Africa today and teach us some important lessons on living a happy and contented life.

Karen
Back to top Go down

The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
Page 1 of 1