Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)

Category-Based Online Book Club ~ To Learn and Share our Literary Treasures

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

On Love by Alain De Botton

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joannee

Joannee

On Love by Alain De Botton Empty
PostSubject: On Love by Alain De Botton   On Love by Alain De Botton EmptyTue 01 Sep 2009, 9:09 pm

I was delighted to see this title on the list as it was one I have possessed for a long time. It was tough to decide as I have 3 others on the list that are lining my shelves and waitng to be chosen. But after a more serious read, this one promises to be "smart and funny". So we will see.

scratch This book was definitely a puzzlement. It traces a guy's every thought on meeting and falling in love - through examining every quirk, motion, word, action of his beloved through their relationship. The climb to the top and the fall to the depths -- and when all seems lost - omg! here's a viable replacement. I didn't love this book and I am surprised that it is on the list. So, I am thinking that the humor was simply lost on me. Anyways, each chapter is enumerated which is kinda odd, but a good technique to provide easy stop and start places as you read.

Last edited by Joannee on Fri 25 Sep 2009, 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Completed book.)
Back to top Go down

On Love by Alain De Botton
Page 1 of 1