Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)

Category-Based Online Book Club ~ To Learn and Share our Literary Treasures

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trail of Crumbs: Hunger, Love, and the Search for Home by Kim Sunée

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sondrage1102

Sondrage1102

Trail of Crumbs: Hunger, Love, and the Search for Home by Kim Sunée Empty
PostSubject: Trail of Crumbs: Hunger, Love, and the Search for Home by Kim Sunée   Trail of Crumbs: Hunger, Love, and the Search for Home by Kim Sunée EmptyWed 20 May 2009, 1:48 pm

Trail of Crumbs had all the makings of a wonderfully engaging novel. That is until I opened the book and couldn't take the incessant whining of the writer, and main character, any longer. This was the story of a little Korean girl who was found at an outdoor market in Korea when she was about three. She was eventually adopted by a family in New Orleans and this was to be the story of her life. She lived in the most beautiful places...All over France and many beautiful places all over Europe. She became the lover of he founder of L'Occitaine (who loved her dearly), but all she seemed to do was whine about how horrible her life was. She learned to be an amazing cook from her adopted Grandpa who showed her all of his tricks and shared his recipes in the kitchen.

The author had MANY opportunities to engage me as she traveled throughout France and eventually back to South Korea in an attempt to feel her homeland again and find a face similar to hers. Her trip to Korea lasted about five pages and never really took the reader with her.

Her narrative lacks ..... simple as that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.oliveandwell.com
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Trail of Crumbs: Hunger, Love, and the Search for Home by Kim Sunée   Trail of Crumbs: Hunger, Love, and the Search for Home by Kim Sunée EmptyThu 21 May 2009, 6:26 am

I tried to read this one and quit after the first couple of chapters. I couldn't get into it and you're right she was whiney.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trail of Crumbs: Hunger, Love, and the Search for Home by Kim Sunée   Trail of Crumbs: Hunger, Love, and the Search for Home by Kim Sunée EmptyFri 22 May 2009, 1:04 pm

Wow, killer review.

It makes me wonder ... does she know the Eat, Pray, Love chick? She was a big whiner too ...
Back to top Go down
https://wrrc.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trail of Crumbs: Hunger, Love, and the Search for Home by Kim Sunée   Trail of Crumbs: Hunger, Love, and the Search for Home by Kim Sunée Empty

Back to top Go down

Trail of Crumbs: Hunger, Love, and the Search for Home by Kim Sunée
Page 1 of 1